Last week I received an e-mail by an old friend’s girlfriend stating that for his birthday she was planning on gathering delicious recipes from friends and family and print a cookbook of belly love for him. This is such a sweet idea and I felt especially honored to be contacted in order to contribute to such a lovely project.
I figured most people were probably going to hand in either main dishes or desserts so I planned on creating something for the less conventional part in the cookbook, like a healthy drink or healthy snack. Yes! I just cannot wrap my head around creating unhealthy things. Disgusting ones though, I am absolutely capable of inventing. Let.me.tell.you! I went for the (non-alcoholic, high vitamin, healthy, but still yummy) “Drink” challenge first and after the 3rd gross lemonade I just gave up and accepted my defeat…..for now…..I will get you right one day though lemonade! I WILL celebrate success on you one day. You cannot get away from me!
Now, it seems my creative self has not had to struggle for too long though because walking through the supermarket for some inspiration I spotted some gruyere and parmesan cheese, went to the vegetable section and chose the most beautiful green vegetable to be found and ran home to experiment on some crisps. At first they were too soft, then they were burnt and I gave myself a third chance before throwing myself on the floor and scream that I am a disgrace for the food blogging industry and should resign forever. The result…..voilà: Parmesan Gruyere Zucchini Crisps that transport you from seventh heaven to cloud nine to sit on a celestial throne ;) Yes! They are THAT good. Thank you food blogger guardian up there for letting me sit on you throne for a little while after so many fails.
My dear friend, I hope you like your recipe, it was made in frustration but with a lot of love, enjoy!
Parmesan Gruyere Zucchini Crisps
- 1 hand full Parmesan cheese
- 1 hand full Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 zucchini
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- With a coarse cheese grater great about a hand full of Parmesan cheese, a hand full of Gruyere cheese and a hand full of Zucchini.
- Mix together all three ingredients and scoop about a tablespoon of the mixture onto a lined baking tray and lightly pat flat with your fingers. (I highly recommend to use a silicone sheet, parchment paper should work fine too though).
- Repeat this last step until your tray is full as shown in picture below.
- Bake in hot oven for 6-7 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Let the crisps cool down completely and then lift with a metal spatula and place on paper towel for it to suck up some of the cheeses' fat.
PRINTABLE MEAL PLAN
Get your free 5-part Meal Prep Series and printable Meal Plan!