This 20-Minute Thai Vegan Yellow Curry is absolutely delicious and super easy to make. All clean ingredients and packed full of vegetables.
In case you haven’t seen it yet, I’ve got a whole e-book full of 20-minute healthy lunches to take to work on the blog now. In 20 minutes you can make up to 4 lunches in advance. Awesome, right? Make sure you check it out. The e-book is all about making life easier in the kitchen.
Anyway, for dinner I figured you’d rather have something warm during these gloomy winter days. Can you imagine spending 20 minutes any better way than preparing a Thai Vegan Yellow Curry that will satisfy your craving for a warm bowl of food? I thought so. I mean, just imagine… Steaming hot rice soaked in slightly spicy yellow curry sauce made of creamy coconut milk… Ahhhh, life is good!
We have mushrooms for protein, cauliflower for extra nutrition and coriander, chilli and sesame seeds for a boost in deliciousness. I can imagine chickpeas tasting pretty amazing in this, too. Even though my favorite curries with chickpeas will always be this Vegan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry and this Vegan Spinach Chickpea Curry of course.
The reason yellow curries rock
If you’ve been following Green Healthy Cooking for a while you might have noticed I’m OBSESSED with thai curries. Specifically yellow curries and I can’t stop posting more and more thai yellow curry recipes. There is something about the flavor combination of yellow curry paste’s ingredients that makes it absolutely addictive! And no, it’s not nasty monosodium glutamat or something the like. It’s simply clean ingredients that are very flavorful, such as turmeric, lemongrass, garlic and ginger for example. All these tasty little roots make this paste mind-blowingly delicious.
Many of the ingredients in thai yellow curries have medicinal properties! How awesome is that? You not only nourish your body with these curries, you simultaneously fight indigestion, colds, sore throats, coughs and many more nasty illnesses. Hippocrates was a wise men, back then he already suggested: Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
Happy New Year to all of you. I’m back from my holidays and ready to start the blogging year. Here is to a year packed full of delicious healthy recipes to nourish your body and get strong and healthy!!
20-Minute Vegan Yellow Curry
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 lbs mushrooms (450g)
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 hand full fresh coriander leaves
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 chili (optional)
- Cut cauliflower into bite-size florets, wash and drain.
- Clean mushrooms with a paper towel. Don't rinse with water, just use a paper towel to get rid of dirt.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- In the meantime, peel and chop onion and peel and crush garlic.
- Once pan is hot, add a splash of flavorless oil, chopped onion and crushed garlic and stir fry until onion is translucent.
- Add coconut curry paste and coconut milk and whisk until well combined.
- Add mushrooms and cauliflower florets and increase heat to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat again to medium and boil for aproximately 10 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked to your liking. Season to taste.
- Serve over steaming hot rice and top with freshly chopped coriander and chili and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.