A 6-ingredient Vegan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry prepared in only 30 minutes. Does the world need anything else to be happy?
If you’ve been following along for a while you might have noticed that I have a slight obsession with Thai curries. They are quick to make, include loads of healthy ingredients and taste absolutely amazing! I have both, vegan curries and omnivore curries on the blog and I simply cannot pick my favorite.
There is this Vegan Chickpea Spinach Curry because Chickpeas rock! Then there is this Thai Chicken Cauliflower Curry for all the chicken lovers amongst us and lastly there is this Coconut Shrimp Curry I made waaaay back when Green Healthy Cooking was still a baby. All of them are out.of.this.world! See? I told you I was a bit obsessed with curries. So much I figured I can’t possibly post yet another one on the blog this year. I mean we’re not on thethaicurryblog.com here, are we?
To give in to my curry craving yesterday I simply made this Vegan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry again. I mean, every recipe on the blog needs a video, now that I know how to make those, right? Right?!? So here you go my lovely readers:
Vegan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry Video
See how easy this is? It’s not only a quick and easy recipe but also one with about 20 minutes passive time, during which you do absolutely nothing. Well, I did the dishes, booo! You could in theory however, sit down, put up your feed and read. Don’t forget to set an alarm for the occasional stirring though. We don’t want your dinner to burn to the pan, do we?
Now, I’m pretty sure, if you’ve read this far and watched the video, that you will want to make the recipe but in case you needed more reasons to be convinced:
5 reasons to love Vegan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry
- it is a soy-free and gluten-free protein-rich bowl of deliciousness: thank you chickpeas.
- the creamy Thai red curry sauce is full of flavor and has the exact right amount of spice: coconut milk you rock!
- it contains a vegetable so sweet it could be mistaken for fruit: I love you sweet potato!
- you only really need 6 ingredients to make it taste delicious. No need to run to the store if you don’t have coriander or chilli.
- the curry freezes well, so you can cook a double batch and freeze for another night with less than 30 minutes time to prepare food ;)