THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MANN'S
10 minutes for the most amazing Low-Carb Stir-Fry. Ground chicken, a rainbow of veggies, delicious Asian flavors, and a pan is all you need.
Have you had a little too much bread for breakfast this morning? A big bowl of pasta for lunch? I created an awesome low-carb stir-fry to counterbalance your nutrition for today!
I’m a huuuuge fan of 10-minute stir-fries for busy weeknights. You cannot imagine how often we come home way later than expected and have to get dinner on the table much faster than we thought.
Which Vegetables are Best for a Low-Carb Stir-Fry?
Now, this is a tricky question. You want to use vegetables that don’t soften too fast, vegetables that don’t take too long to cook and on top vegetables not too high in carbs…..UMMM….
I found the bestest (yes, that’s a word!) of all best solutions. Rainbow Salad from Mann’s is a mix of cauliflower hearts, broccoli, red cabbage, and carrots.
All four veggies cook in approximately the same time. On top, they’ve been precut to the perfect size so they cook evenly AND they’re washed and ready to just dump in the pan.
Also, the whole bag has only 20g of carbs. How’s that for the best low-carb veggies for a low-carb stir-fry, eh?
How to Season your Low-Carb Chicken Stir-Fry
There are 4 ingredients that should never be missing in any stir-fry.
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh garlic
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Seed Oil
No need for salt and pepper. The soy sauce has enough sodium to make your stir-fry salty and ginger and garlic are responsible for the unbelievably good smell and taste. The sesame seed oil rounds up everything.
What protein to use for your Low-Carb Stir-Fry?
To keep down carbs you need to choose the animal protein. Great low-carb sources of proteins are:
- Chicken (in all its forms and shapes)
- Ground Beef or Beef Strips
- Ground Turkey
For this specific recipe I chose ground chicken for two reasons: first, it cooks incredibly fast and takes over the flavor of the seasoning, and second, it doesn’t overpower the delicious taste of the crunchy vegetables.
The vegetables are so incredibly delicious you will want your low-carb stir-fry to have the veggies as predominant flavor.
The Ultimate Low-Carb Stir-Fry
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lbs ground chicken (or turkey or shrimps)
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp peeled and grated ginger
- 1 bag Mann's Rainbow Salad
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (Tamari for Gluten-Free)
- 4 sliced scallions
- 1 Tbsp sesame seed oil
- Add avocado oil to a hot pan.
- Add ground chicken to pan and break up with a wooden spoon and stir-fry until almost cooked through.
- Stir in ginger and garlic.
- Add Mann's Rainbow Salad vegetables and soy sauce and stir-fry until vegetables reach desired consistency. 2-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle sliced scallions and drizzle sesame seed oil over everything, give it one last quick stir and serve immediately.