Incredibly easy and flavorful, this smooth and creamy Peanut Salad Dressing is the perfect healthy topping for peanut lovers out there!
I love the taste of peanuts in this dressing on crunchy cabbage or any cabbage-based salad. It goes amazingly well with many Asian-inspired recipes, like this Easy Chicken Satay and Ramen Noodle Salad.
Not only is this peanut salad dressing is fantastic for meal prepping, but you can also save tons of money from buying take-out food. Make a deliciously healthy meal using this sauce. For more mouthwatering recipes that use peanut butter, check out my Peanut Sauce or my Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Peanut Butter – peanut or any other nut butter works, just make sure it is smooth and unsweetened. If you need to make your salad dressing nut-free, you can use sunflower butter.
- Soy Sauce – an essential ingredient to round up the dressing flavor. Alternatively, use tamari sauce for a gluten-free version or coconut aminos if you want it soy-free.
- Sesame Oil – I highly recommend using sesame oil. It is not only delicious but it makes a great difference in the overall taste of the dressing. If you don’t have any you can omit it.
- Lime – if needed, both lemon or rice vinegar can be used instead.
- Ginger – fresh ginger really brings out the dressing flavor, but in a pinch you could use 1/4 tsp of dried ginger.
- Garlic – same as the ginger, I suggest using fresh garlic. But it can also be replaced by 1/4 tsp of dried garlic.
How to Make Peanut Salad Dressing
Place all the ingredients in a sealable jar and shake it for a few seconds until well combined and smooth.
Peanut Salad Dressing
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lime - juice of
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Add all ingredients to a sealable jar and shake until well combined.