This Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing is ridiculously easy and incredibly tasty. Creamy avocado, fresh cilantro and lime juice will brighten up any food you pour it onto.
You can’t beat the freshness of this homemade cilantro lime avocado dressing. I recommend you make it if you know you will finish it all at once (how could you not!?) because the avocado will brown and it cannot be stored. For more delicious recipes that use avocado, check out these 6 Healthy Avocado Salads.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Avocado – avocados are a naturally healthy source of fat so you can feel good using them. They are the main ingredient of this salad dressing and cannot be replaced.
- Cilantro – the smell and taste of cilantro goes incredibly well with avocado and lime, however not everyone loves cilantro like me. If you are one of those people or you don’t have cilantro at home, you can use fresh basil instead.
- Lime – fresh lime juice tastes best in my opinion because it has the right amount of acidity for this dressing. However it can be easily replaced by fresh lemon juice or even rice vinegar.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing
The easiest way to make this dressing is to use a jar big enough to fit an immersion blender. Peel and pit a small avocado and add it to the jar. Then add a handful of cilantro (you can leave the stems), the juice of one lime, sea salt to taste and a tablespoon of water. Blend everything until the avocado is smooth and the dressing is pourable. If the dressing is too thick, add a second tablespoon of water and blend again until you get the right consistency.
Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing
- 1 small avocado
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- sea salt
- Peel and pit avocado and add to a jar wide enough to fit your immersion blender.
- Add cilantro, lime juice, sea salt to taste and one tablespoon of water at first. Blend everything together with your immersion blender. Add more water if needed.