Give your salads a boost with this vibrant and flavorful Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing. A super quick and easy dressing that will make you eat salads all day every day!
This dressing is so lemony and delicious but the consistency can be a bit runny because of the large amount of lemon juice. For a creamier version just use half of the juice. You can save the rest of the lemon juice and use it to make a tasty chicken dinner, or cook this 15-minute Lemon Garlic Shrimp to go with your salad. You can also make yourself a glass of refreshing Lemon Infused Water.
The poppy seeds will not only make your lemon dressing visually attractive but will give you a bit of a crunch when you eat it. You can also try my Easy Healthy Coleslaw that uses poppy and other delicious seeds.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Olive Oil – lemon juice and olive oil go really well together and create a nice dressing consistency, but you can use any other oil if you need to.
- Dijon Mustard – my preferred choice for salad dressings is always Dijon, but it can be replaced by any other mustard.
- Honey – it has the right amount of sweetness and flavor. Agave syrup or even white sugar can be used if you run out of honey. I don’t recommend using maple syrup or date syrup because they have a strong flavor.
- Lemon – use a fresh lemon. Avoid using lime or bottled lemon juice, it will change the taste of the dressing too much and won’t be as good.
- Poppy Seeds – the star of this dressing! You’ve got to have them.
How to Make Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
Place all the ingredients in a sealable jar and add sea salt to taste. Shake vigorously for a few seconds until well combined. Pour over salad just before serving and enjoy!
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 lemon - juice of
- sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a sealable jar and shake until well combined.
- Pour over salad minutes before serving.