This Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie will be the most delicious vegan smoothie you drank in a long time! Cacao powder, banana, peanut butter, hemp seeds, a little maple syrup, and almond milk is all you need!
I don’t even know how to describe how delicious this is. You will have to take my word for it and try it yourself!!
For now, let’s get to some questions you might have:
Can Smoothies Replace Meals?
Absolutely! It all depends on the ingredients and what meal.
I wouldn’t replace my main meal with a smoothie but definitely another meal if in a hurry. Mornings are quite hectic for us so smoothies are the best thing ever to prep in 5 minutes, grab and GO!
Make sure to add protein, some healthy fat and fruit to make it a “healthy” replacement or your breakfast.
Will a Smoothie Keep Overnight?
This depends on the ingredients. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie I would rather not keep in the fridge because the banana will brown overnight.
However, if you know you won’t have even the 5 minutes it takes to throw everything in the blender, blend and wash your blender in the morning, you can still prep ahead the night before.
Simply replace frozen banana with frozen mango. In my opinion, the banana tastes better with the other ingredients but mango still tastes pretty good and doesn’t brown ;)
OR make an entirely different smoothie that is more suitable for prepping the night before, such as this amazing pumpkin smoothie.
Will a Smoothie Keep me Full?
If you add enough healthy fat and protein, YES! In this case, the peanut butter and hemp seeds serve as your source of protein and the coconut milk and again peanut butter as your healthy fat.
The higher in fat and protein, the longer you’ll stay full.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
It’s soooo simple! Add all ingredients listed in the recipe card into your blender, blend until super extra smooth and ENJOY!
Keep it healthy by:
- using raw cacao for the delicious chocolate flavor,
- adding a very ripe frozen banana and a tiny bit of maple syrup as natural sweeteners,
- using coconut milk for fat,
- adding hemp seeds for a nutritional boost and an extra nutty flavor,
- using unsweetened and unsalted all natural peanut butter made of ONLY peanuts.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup coconut milk frozen in ice cube tray
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2-1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Add all ingredients to blender. Start with adding only 1/2 cup almond milk and add more if your blender needs the extra liquid or you like your smoothie more liquid.
- Serve and enjoy!