Sometimes we need a day off standing for too long in the kitchen preparing a meal and the resulting tedious dishes. For me those are not random days but rather whenever I made a whole chicken the day before and I have leftover chicken meat. I love making whole chickens such as my Rosemary Lemon Roast Chicken because it is so easy and because it gives me leftover chicken meat for a second quick and easy meal like this one.
If you don’t have chicken meat left over but still crave a Quick and Easy Thai Green Curry, don’t worry you can simply use uncooked cubed chicken breasts and throw them in with your carrots right from the beginning, as opposed to adding the cooked cubes at the end. No matter if cooked or uncooked it will remain a one pan dish so you don’t have to spend too much time doing the dishes afterwards.
This dish tastes equally delicious with bell pepper, carrots or both. Use whatever you have on hand. Curry Paste is one of the few things I buy processed. Not because it is difficult to make. Quite by the contrary. Making thai green curry paste is actually pretty easy but getting all the ingredients together is a bit of a pain. It’s not like you can go to your supermarket around the corner, unless that one happens to be a thai fresh market. It usually requires trips to the market, the asian store and the supermarket. So for simplicity’s sake, let’s cheat and buy the already prepared paste which is usually found in any major supermarket.
There are two different kinds. One that is thicker and pastier and usually requires the addition of fish sauce or the one that contains it already and is therefore more squishy as seen in the picture below. I tend to buy the latter because I don’t have fish sauce as a staple in my kitchen due to lack of storage space.
Quick and Easy Thai Green Curry
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 large carrots
- 1-3 Tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- Prepare white rice as instructed on package.
- Cube chicken breasts into 1" (2.5cm) dice.
- Peel and cut carrots into thin sticks (as seen in picture).
- Add coconut milk and curry paste to a pan (try with 1 Tbsp first and keep adding depending on your taste for spiciness, I added 1/4 cup but we love eating very spicy) and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Add carrot sticks (if chicken is uncooked add chicken now), lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Add cooked chicken and heat through for a couple of minutes.
- Serve over steamed white rice.
Get all recipes straight into your inbox!