As if Pork Chops alone weren’t already finger-lickin’ good: these Mexican Pork Chops are one step further! PERFECT pork chops, burst cherry tomatoes, firm avocado and crunchy corn. All, topped with the creamiest avocado cilantro sauce ever!
So first of all, you might want to read my “Perfect Pork Chops” recipe post because there I answer all the questions one might have about how to cook perfect pork chops.
Everything from what temperature the pork should have before putting in the pan. How to heat the pan properly. How long to cook Pork Chops.
Tips on seasoning the Pork Chops and even a small tip at the end on how to clean your stove-top if too much fat ended up spraying everywhere.
How to make Mexican Pork Chops
In this post let’s just focus on how insanely good the combination of perfect pork chops and everything typically Mexican is a.k.a. Mexican Pork Chops. Most of us probably serve pork chops with mashed potatoes but today we’ll explore a more exotic way to eat them. Here is how to make Mexican Pork Chops:
- Grill some cherry tomatoes in the pork fat the chops released until they burst.
- Cut up some ripe but firm avocados to use half as side dish and half for the sauce.
- Prepare a sauce full of deliciously aromatic cilantro, creamy avocado and some lime juice. If you want, you can add some jalapeño peppers to the sauce to make it hot! YUM!
- And lastly, sprinkle sweet and crunchy yellow corn kernels and chopped fresh cilantro over everything.
- You can also heat up some corn tortillas and just roll them up to bite into them like bread. This is totally optional.
For a different way to eat pork chops check out my Perfect Pork Chop with Mashed Potatoes and Green Vegetables recipe or for another Mexican style meat dish, check out this amazing Skirt Steak with Basil Cream and Grilled Tomatoes. I couldn’t have chosen any longer names for those dishes, could I??
Mexican Pork Chops
- 4 higher-welfare bone-in pork chops
- 40 cherry tomatoes
- 4 ripe but firm avocados
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1-2 Jalapeño chillies - (optional)
- 4-8 tortillas - (optional)
- Take pork chops out of fridge at least 30 minutes before starting anything else.
- Heat a cast iron pan or heavy bottomed stainless steel pan over medium-high heat until VERY HOT! (at the very least 10 minutes, dry, no oil).
- Generously season pork chop with salt and pepper.
- Wash bunch of cilantro and cut off only the roots and bottom white part of the stalks. Reserves a couple of leaves for decoration and toss the rest of the leaves and stalks and all into the blender. Add 4 remaining avocado halves, 1 Tbsp lime juice, 1 tsp salt, pepper, (deseeded jalapeño) and 3 Tbsp water and blend until smooth. You might have to scrape down the sides and/or add another Tbsp water depending on how powerful your blender is. Try to use as little water as possible to maintain taste. Blend for a long time, about 5 minutes.
- Once pan is hot like hell, reduce heat to medium, add a few DROPS of oil to the pan and gently place pork chops in pan (then take a step back to avoid fat shooting out of the pan)
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on one side, turn and fry for 2-3 minutes on the other depending on thickness (until it reaches 135F/57ºC). Then stand up the pork chop on the side with a pair of thongs and render the fat for about 1 minute.
- Place pork chop on a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes without touching and especially without cutting into it.
- In the meantime, cut avocados in half, remove the stone and peel.
- Place half an avocado on each of your 4 plates and cut into thin slices or cubes or however you wish.
- In the meantime, grill cherry tomatoes in the pork fat remaining in the pan for about 5 minutes, turning a couple of times to avoid burning.
- Add one pork chop and 10 burst cherry tomatoes to each of your plates, divide corn kernels and pour avocado cilantro sauce on each pork chop.
- Sprinkle with some freshly chopped cilantro and serve immediately.