This Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing is a delicious way to jazz up your salads using clean ingredients. You’ll never go back to store-bought salad dressing again, and it’s WAY healthier, too!
The rich creamy texture of Greek yogurt combined with mayonnaise and herbs creates a mouthwatering dressing. To make it extra healthy, check out my Homemade Mayonnaise recipe, nothing beats the flavor of fresh ingredients.
I always make this yogurt dressing when I have a ton of fresh herbs going sad in the fridge. For more ideas, check out some of my other homemade condiments. Or try one of my favorite breakfast recipes, Herb Egg Muffins.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Mayonnaise – I highly recommend using Homemade mayo over store-bought mayo. If you want to skip the mayonnaise and just use yogurt, I suggest adding a tiny bit of sweetness to avoid a tangy flavor. Just add a little honey to taste.
- Greek Yogurt – Skyr has similar texture and health benefits as Greek yogurt. Plain yogurt works too, just make sure it is unsweetened.
- Dijon Mustard – I normally use Dijon for salads because it has a smooth and mild flavor. You can replace it with any other mustard if needed.
- Fresh Herbs – Basil, parsley, cilantro and dill are the best herbs to use in this dressing. Use only one or a combination of two, three or four. Whichever you have on hand or you love the most! I don’t recommend using hard herbs like thyme or rosemary, soft herbs work much better.
How to make Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing
In a sealable jar add mayonnaise, plain greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper to taste, water, and chopped fresh herbs. Shake shake shake and your salad dressing is ready to enjoy!
This dressing tastes amazing not only on salads but also on grain bowls. This warm Farro Salad for example has a similar dressing.
Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise - preferably homemade
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp water
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs - basil, parsley, cilantro, dill (either or a mix of all)
- Add all ingredients to a sealable jar and shake until well combined.