Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots and Broccolini, a quick and easy healthy side dish that is gorgeous-looking, super healthy, and absolutely delicious!
The Garlic Butter says it all. It’s BEYOND amazing. I mean, these two simple and clean ingredients just blow my mind. Put them on anything and watch and see the transformation to gourmet food.
Vegetables – Carrots and Broccolini go really well together because they roast in a similar amount of time. I like roasting carrots a little longer because they release more of their sweetness but you could also simply add both in the oven at the same time.
Butter – You can easily replace the butter with a high smoke point oil like avocado oil OR reduce the roasting temperature to 375F and extend the roasting time by 5 minutes to be able to use extra virgin olive oil.
Garlic – I highly recommend finely mincing the garlic instead of crushing it. That way they are more heat resistant and don’t burn during the roasting process. Also, make sure each little garlic pieces has been well buttered or oiled so it roasts and doesn’t burn.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is broccolini in season?
Broccolini likes cool climates and is intolerant to extremely cold climates, thus it’s mostly grown in central California during spring, summer, and fall. It’s basically available almost all year, just as carrots. Which is why the carrots and broccolini combo is so convenient.
Can I prep these ahead and reheat right before dinner?
Yes! This is a great side dish for dinners like Thanksgiving or Christmas because you can preroast everything and take out of the oven about 5 minutes prior and then finish roasting right before serving.
How to store leftovers?
Simply store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat either put in the microwave, sauté in a pan, or heat on a baking dish under the broiler on low for a few minutes.
Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes! Once completely roasted you can freeze the carrots and broccolini. You cannot freeze them raw but cooked you can. To defrost add to the refrigerator then follow reheating instructions written above.
Butter Garlic Roasted Carrots and Broccolini
- 1 lbs carrots
- 1 lbs broccolini
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (20g)
- sea salt salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200°C).
- Wash carrots and broccolini well and dry with a kitchen towel.
- Cut thick carrots lengthwise and leave thin ones as is. Pieces should not be thicker than your thumb.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and once melted, add minced garlic, sea salt, and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Place carrots in one layer on a baking sheet and brush with half the garlic butter. Then place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut any broccolini with thick stems in half lenghwise and then add to the remaining garlic butter and use your hands to work all the garlic butter into the broccolini.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and add the broccolini to it in one layer, then return into the oven for a further 25 minutes.