It is hot hot hot here in Germany and the weather forecast is predicting hotter and hotter days with plenty of sunshine. This screams for cool and fresh fruit salad with all kinds of summer fruit. I used only soft summer fruit and absolutely loved it! I’m not a fan of apples or other hard fruit in fruit salads. This one contains a ton of stone fruits and the kids DEVOURED it! My not even 1-year old niece ate about a pound of it in one sitting. We are spending our afternoons at the local swimming whole and the kids always want ice cream so I thought of a much better treat for them. The creme double makes the salad kind of ice creamy and the basil gives it the ultimate summer touch.
I never thought of putting herbs in a fruit salad before but basil was growing beautifully on the kitchen window sill and the salad was missing some green. The taste is amazing!! I don’t think I will ever be able to enjoy fruit salad without basil anymore. FANTASTIC combination!
If you have a cherry pitter by all means use it, if not don’t worry about keeping the cherries whole. Just cut them in half and pit them. The salad will look just as pretty! The most important part is that you use very very ripe fruit because there is no other sweetener added to the salad. It is incredibly sweet with just the fruits’ sugar.
Summer Fruit Salad with Creme Double
- 1 lbs peaches
- 1 lbs strawberries
- 1/2 lbs cherries
- 1 lbs pineapple
- 1 lbs nectarines
- 300 g creme double
- 1 hand full basil
- Wash and pit peaches, nectarines and cherries and cut peaches and nectarines into cherry size pieces.
- Peel pineapple and cut into cherry size pieces.
- Wash and hull strawberries and cut into cherry size pieces.
- Add creme double to fruits.
- Wash and chop basil and add to fruits.
- Mix with a spatula and enjoy right away.
- This salad tastes best if the fruit is very very ripe and refrigerated before cutting.
Get all recipes straight into your inbox!