Healthy sweet and sour and spicy Ground Pork Lettuce Wraps made with pineapple, cilantro, chili salsa that will knock you off your socks!
This is one of those OMG I think I will fly to heaven kind of meal and no, I am not exaggerating. I am dead serious.
Mmmm, naaah, you know I’m never dead serious, but I mean it, I really mean it when I say this Ground Pork Lettuce Wraps recipe sticks out on the blog.
It simply wraps the most amazing flavors into a cool and fresh lettuce leaf and makes your pupils turn to the back of your eye balls.
It is the kind of food you start eating slower and slower and slower so you can enjoy it longer and hope the meal will never really be over and you could have a stomach like a bottomless pit. I ate these Ground Pork Lettuce Wraps until they came out of my ears, just like the Vegan Lettuce Wraps as well.
Lettuce Wraps are my thing….as you can tell….
Ground Pork Lettuce Wraps Recipe Tips and Tricks
- When you cut your pineapple into pieces, do not include the stem, the middle part of the yellow flesh. That is the part that causes the most itchiness on the tongue due to a higher concentration of bromelain the enzyme that is the bad guy who scratches your mouth.
- Wait for the cooked pork to cool down quite a bit. If you put boiling hot pork onto a lettuce leaf, the leaf will wilt. We don’t want that. We want it to stay fresh and crunchy. The fastest way to have it cool down is to spread it as much as possible. Use a baking sheet to achieve that.
- You HAVE to eat with your hands. Don’t even think about getting cutlery out.
- You may want to double the recipe if you are eating alone first because it MAY be difficult to leave half of it for the other person you were supposed to be sharing it with….not that I would talk out of experience, just saying, this MAY possibly happen :P
I know Ground Pork isn’t everybody’s thing. I still believe if there is ever a ground pork recipe you’ll enjoy it’ll be theses Ground Pork Lettuce Wraps. If it’s not, maybe check out this amazing Bacon Cheeseburger Salad made with ground beef instead of pork.
If you still aren’t convinced and you are looking for more of a chicken situation in your lettuce wraps you should try these mega delicious Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups with cilantro lime honey dressing. Easiest lunch ever!
Ground Pork Lettuce Wrap
Healthy sweet and sour and spicy Ground Pork Lettuce Wraps made with a pineapple, cilantro, chili salsa that will knock you off your socks!
- Heat a large pan (that has a lid) over medium heat.
- Peel and finely chop onion and peel and crush garlic.
- Once pan is hot, add a dollop of oil and once oil is hot, add chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Sauté until translucent.
- Increase heat to medium high and add beef broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey and bring to the boil.
- In the meantime, peel and grate potato.
- Once boiling add ground pork and grated potato and make sure to separate well so it doesn't cook into big lumps. Once boiling again, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes (set an alarm).
- In the meantime, wash and dry lettuce leaves and peel and chop pineapple (for me it was about 1/4 pineapple to get to 1 cup chopped pineapple).
- Once alarm goes off, remove lid and cook for a further 5-10 minutes stirring often until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat, add pineapple, add salt and pepper to taste and mix well, then move onto a big plate or baking sheet and spread well to cool down quickly.
- Once pork is warm (not hot anymore), assemble lettuce wraps as shown in picture above. Lettuce, pork with pineapple and sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander and fresno chilli.
Get all recipes straight into your inbox!