THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MANN'S
11-minute prep Cajun Chicken Meal Prep Bowls. Full of flavor, nutritious, delicious and extremely easy to prep. Make 4 lunches in the blink of an eye.
Best Veggies For Cajun Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
I’m always trying to optimize meal prep time. Everybody wants to eat healthy and meal prep but nobody wants to spend all weekend meal prepping.
I totally get that. Believe me. I’d rather spend time with family and relaxing with family, too on Sundays.
Meal prepping is absolutely essential for sticking to a healthy diet though in my opinion. When there is nothing healthy already prepped, waiting in the fridge, it’s so hard to not just grab something quicker to eat that might be less healthy.
I’m a huuuuuge fan of Mann’s products for that exact reason. They are veggies already washed and ready to use, no need for chopping even. Their slaws are one my favorite because they are super varied and not just the same old cole slaw.
The Kale Beet Blend I used for this recipe contains Kale, Golden Beets, Kohlrabi, and Red Cabbage. Like how fancy does that already sound? I made an equally amazing and quick meal prep recipe with a ton of other veggies of theirs already before. Go check out my Thai Chicken Curry Meal Prep Bowls for that.
Is Cajun Chicken Spicy?
The number one question I get when using cajun seasoning is, if it’s spicy. That depends how much cayenne pepper it contains. Usually all mixes are not spicy at all though because they contain very little cayenne.
If you are very sensitive to spice I recommend making your own cajun seasoning and leave out the cayenne pepper.
My cajun seasoning is so mild that I always add some cayenne pepper on top of the seasoning to make it a little spicier.
How to Make Cajun Chicken
There are several options of course but the easiest is:
- In the oven with sauce: mix the cajun seasoning into some fire-roasted tomato sauce and add diced chicken to the sauce and stir. Then bake.
- Dry in the oven: generously season the chicken with the cajun seasoning and place on a baking sheet and bake.
- In the pan with sauce: mix the cajun seasoning into some fire-roasted tomato sauce and bring to a boil, then add diced chicken and cook.
- Dry in the pan: preheat the pan over medium heat, generously season the whole chicken breast with cajun seasoning, add a splash of oil to the hot hot pan, sear the seasoned chicken for 2 minutes per side, then reduce heat to low, put a tight fitting lid onto the pan and set a timer for 10 minutes. Then without removing the lid (not even peeking) move the pan off the heat completely and set the timer for another 10 minutes and let the chicken breast finish cooking in the hot steam left in the pan.
Cajun Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 diced chicken breasts
- 3 bags Mann's Kale Beet Blend
- sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Add cajun seasoning, sea salt, cayenne pepper and fire-roasted tomatoes to a deep baking dish and whisk until well combined.
- Dice chicken breasts into 1" large squares and then add to the cajun tomato sauce and stir.
- Add to the oven for approximately 15-17 minutes.
- In the meantime, add Mann's Kale Beet Blends to a large bowl, season with sea salt, pepper and avocado oil and massage seasoning into the slaw with your hands.
- Transfer seasoned slaw onto a large baking sheet and spread out into and even layer then add to the oven next to the chicken for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Divide chicken and slaw amongst 4 meal prep containers and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.