Breakfast pizza is a fun way to enjoy eggs and bacon for breakfast! The pizza toppings are baked on homemade flatbread pizza crust, and it is incredibly easy to make.
It takes just 10 minutes to prep this easy breakfast, and you can make it ahead of time! After that, it takes less than 15 minutes to bake. As a result, it’s a perfect way to kickstart your morning.
Is your family growing tired of having the same thing for breakfast day after day? I enjoy a bowl of overnight oats or some yogurt and fresh fruit, but I don’t like it every day. Warm breakfast foods such as breakfast tacos or fried eggs and bacon are delicious, but I don’t always have time (or desire!) to wash a lot of dishes in the morning.
When you want a warm breakfast without the fuss, an easy breakfast pizza is definitely a delicious option!
Can I meal prep the breakfast pizza?
To save time, there are portions of this pizza recipe that you can make ahead.
- Crust – Because the breakfast pizza dough doesn’t require yeast, you can make it up to 5 days ahead. Just prepare the dough per the instructions below. Then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or an airtight container and keep it refrigerated. While I haven’t tried freezing the breakfast pizza dough, I can’t think of a reason why it can’t be frozen. Just keep it tightly wrapped and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Vegetables – I add onion to my pizzas. You can slice them ahead and keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble and bake the pizza
- Bacon – Feel free to slice the bacon ahead. You don’t need to pre-cook it, as will bake in the oven. However, if you like extra crispy bacon, you can partially cook it, or be sure to chop the bacon into very small pieces. Otherwise, the 12 minutes of cook time may not be enough to crisp the bacon to your liking.
If you don’t care for runny egg yolk, that isn’t a problem at all. Just cook for 15 minutes. As a result, the yolk on the breakfast pizza will become firm (hard-cooked). If you have a large appetite and want to add two eggs onto each breakfast pizza, you can do that as well. However, you may want to make the flatbread crust a little bit larger to make room for both eggs.
I like onions on my pizza. If you don’t care for them, you can leave them off. Or, if there are other vegetables you want to use, just be sure that they are small enough in size that they will cook through in 12-15 minutes.
Because we use sour cream or creme fraiche for the “pizza sauce”, the idea of placing heavy cheeses on top doesn’t make much sense to me. However, some grated Parmesan or Feta could be delicious on top.
What should I serve with breakfast pizza?
Think of this as a regular eggs and bacon breakfast, with the pizza crust as the “toast”. Nice side dish options include:
- Fresh fruit
- Roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, or raw veggies
Does leftover pizza reheat well?
Unlike traditional pizza, the breakfast pizzas don’t reheat very well. The eggs are likely to make the crust soggy. Not to mention, it will be difficult to wrap the pizzas without breaking the egg.
Easy Breakfast Pizza
- 1/2 cup +1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp crème fraîche or sour cream
- sea salt
- 1 strip bacon
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 eggs
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Add flour and 1/4 tsp sea salt to a bowl and use a fork to mix well. Then add olive oil and water and use same form to start forming a dough, then use your hands to knead all well together.
- Flour your work surface and rolling pin and roll out dough into two flat pizzas about the size of your hand (about 1/6" thick).
- Place pizza dough on a silicone lined or parchment paper-lined and oiled baking sheet and use your hands to form a little rim around the edges (see video).
- Very thinly spread crème fraîche or sour cream on the dough and season with sea salt and pepper. Very thinly slice the onion and sprinkle on the outer perimeter of the pizza and cut bacon strip into thin small slices and also spread around the outer perimeter leaving a "nest" in the middle (see video).
- Crack an egg into the center of the dough and place pizzas into the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking. 10 mins for a very soft yolk, 12 mins for a soft-cooked yolk and 15 minutes for a completely cooked through yolk (as seen in video).
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!
PRINTABLE MEAL PLAN
Get your free 5-part Meal Prep Series and printable Meal Plan!