THIS RECIPE IS SPONSORED BY THE SAUCY FISH CO.
You need this 10-minute prep to-die-for Cooked Salmon Poke Bowl in your life! I’m telling you, you NEED it! Your favorite grain, chopped up veggies and a delicious salmon filet topped with the most amazing sauce!
So this happened last week:
Me thinking (yes, I think sometimes): let me check my calendar to make sure we don’t miss any of the kids’ Birthday Party invitations.
Me: checking….checking…checking. WAIT! It’s already MARCH?!?!?! I need to file TAXES!!!
I am the laziest person on the planet when it comes to accounting and then March and the required tax return filing hits me like a hammer. You know why? Because I’m one of those people that just put all receipts in a drawer. Without a system. By the end of the year, that drawer can’t be opened without a million receipts popping out.
Anyway, all this rambling to get to this scenario: I start sweating and swearing and feel like running away until …. I just deal with my situation and get started with all that accounting already. Fast forward 6 hours. I’m about 1/4 through, hungry like crazy and no time to cook.
Now, there is three options in such a situation.
- Stay hungry (yah, like that’s ever gonna happen).
- Order in unhealthy food (ummm, no thank you).
- Prepare a healthy meal in 10 minutes tops (hoooow?!)
Have a guess what I did. I did the impossible. I prepared a dish in 41 seconds :P Watch me:
How to make a salmon poke bowl in 41 seconds
Poke Bowl: your best friend when in need of a 10-minute prep meal
Ok, ok. It obviously didn’t take me 41 seconds to make. I swear it didn’t take me longer than 10 though. It’s a really really really fast meal to make. And it is super healthy. Loads of vegetables and fish.
Fish is amazing folks! It is loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and Vitamin D. It is also the world’s best source of Omega 3 fatty acids and thus Green Healthy Cooking’s best friend. How could I not get together with The Saucy Fish Co. to create a delicious recipe for all of you guys.
Their mission: Fish minus the fuss.
My mission: Healthy dinner minus the fuss.
Result: a 100% fuss-free Salmon Poke Bowl recipe. Replace the veggies in the recipe with any other veggies you love and have on hand and make this Salmon Poke Bowl your go-to recipe for busy week-night dinners or 20-minute lunch breaks.
The Saucy Fish Co. on my Poke Bowl
The Saucy Fish Co.’s Roasted Sweet Chili Salmon with Tomato & Chili Chutney is my absolute favorite, it’s already cooked and ready to eat!! Here you can check out where to buy The Saucy Fish Co.’s products. If you love their products as much as I do, make sure to give them some love on Instagram or Facebook :)
One thing is for sure, they have something for everyone. And their sauces people … their sauces … * dream *
Big big shout out to this amazing company for sponsoring this post. You are amazing! And thank YOU readers for supporting the brands that support Green Healthy Cooking!
Now go and dig in. Bon appetit! :)
Cooked Salmon Poke Bowl
- 1 cup your favorite grain, cooked (mine is a mix of brown rice, black rice and quinoa)
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 small carrot
- 2 radishes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 package The Saucy Fish Co.'s Roasted Sweet Chili Salmon with Tomato & Chili Chutney
- 1 hand full coriander leaves
- If you don't have any leftover grain in your fridge I suggest making couscous because it takes only 5-10 minutes to prepare.
- Wash and dice bell pepper. Wash and peel carrot and julienne or grate. Wash and slice radishes. Peel and slice avocado.
- Assemble the bowl by adding your grain first, then vegetables, then The Saucy Fish Co.'s Roasted Sweet Chili Salmon filet or filets (depending on how hungry you are) and then pour over the delicious Tomato & Chili Chutney.
- Wash, destalk and chop coriander and sprinkle over everything. Enjoy!