My mum’s herb garden was overflowing with sage. The sage has been so dominant it grew around and on top of all her other herbs. There are hardly any other herbs but sage in her herb garden now. I’ve never used sage for cooking before but in one occasion when I made saltimbocca maybe 15 years ago…..crazy eh? It smells delicious. It smells so refreshing, it leaves the same feeling behind in your mouth as mint. Freshness and lightness. Fried in butter it becomes an indescribable finger licking kind of taste. Sage lovers will completely dive into this dish. My mum loves sage and she said the dish is to die for. WOW! And that from what I would consider a professional cook.
Today we will drive to Munich to stay one last night with my youngest sister and then leave from Munich’s airport tomorrow. My eyes start to tear up now that I am writing this. I don’t want to leave. I want to stay close to my family forever…..I don’t want to live “far” :'(
Isn’t it weird that many people that do not get along with their family live close to them forever and then there are people like my husband and me who not only get along but also love and adore our families have to live away from them? Maybe we were meant to live far to cherish our families even more. We both miss them to death and we both take every hug and kiss and cherish them to the last drop when we finally do see our families.
I want to enjoy the last day and a half that I have left in Germany and cherish every second I have left with my loved once and have therefore decided to not post a recipe on Thursday. I hope you understand and forgive. I miss them all so much already and I’m still here…..
Sage Butter Couscous
- 1/4 cup sage leaves
- 5 oz butter (150 g)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cobs corn
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- Bring broth to the boil, remove from heat and add couscous. Shake immediately to even out and cover. Set aside.
- Butter, salt and pepper chicken and corn cobs and either grill them on the grill or in a pan over medium-high heat until chicken is just done.
- Wash and deseed cucumber and chop into corn kernel small pieces.
- Cut off corn kernels and add to a big bowl.
- Shred chicken and add to bowl.
- Wash and half cherry tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Heat 150g butter in a small pan or saucepan over LOW heat.
- Wash and chop sage and add to hot butter and fry until crispy.
- Use a fork to fluff now cooked couscous and add to bowl.
- Add sage butter to bowl and immediately mix very well.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
PRINTABLE MEAL PLAN
Get your free 5-part Meal Prep Series and printable Meal Plan!