I think I have mentioned already that my mother possesses pretty much ANY kitchen gadget that ever has been invented and is still to be invented. Her kitchen is very organized. Don’t get me wrong. However, it is packed full of gadgets to make EVERYTHING! I’ve seen a lot of zucchini noodle recipes lately on Pinterest and a Spiralizer was obviously on my Amazon wish list right away. On spot 689 or something like that, haha. I mean there are a lot of gadgets I need more urgent but hey why not dream about having every single one of my wish list’s items, right? On the weekend I asked my mom if she had a spiralizer. I was pretty sure she had to have one but where? She looked at me like I was speaking Chinese. After explaining what I meant, she immediately said: YES! Turned around and took it out of it’s storage place. HA! I knew it! This is where I learned to cook as a kid. In a kitchen equipped better than a 5-star restaurant. Today for example I was preparing a Summer Fruit Salad with Creme Double and while trying to cut out the cherries’ pits without cutting the cherries in half she pulled out a “cherry pitter”!?! I told you, there is nothing she doesn’t have for food preparation. We are so lucky! We didn’t have to wait for an awesome spiralizer recipe until I bought 688 kitchen gadgets over the next 10 years first. Here is a plate-licking good gluten-free Rainbow Pasta with Scallops seasoned with alio olio e peperoncino. I only made one serving thinking that at 4 in the afternoon no one would want to eat a dinner-like snack but everybody dug in as if there hadn’t been lunch before.
Instead of making zucchini noodles I made noodles with all kinds of vegetables though. I loved the combination and the crunchiness of the vegetables and the carrots spiral the prettiest with my mom’s machine. Seasoning the noodles with just salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and chilli makes them stay crunchy until the dish is finished and who doesn’t like alio olio e peperoncino seasoning…Hello?!
Rainbow Pasta with Scallops
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 6-8 scallops
- 1 clove garlic
- red chilli
- olive oil
- Wash and peel carrots.
- Wash zucchini and bell peppers.
- Spiralize vegetables. It is very important to put the vegetables exactly centred into the spiralizer to get long spirals.
- Wash and slice chilli and peel and crush garlic
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and once hot pour a dollop of olive oil into the pan.
- Once the oil is hot add crushed garlic, chilli and scallops into the pan, season scallops with salt and fry until cooked through (maybe 2 minutes per side).
- Pour over raw rainbow pasta and generously season with salt and pepper and another dollop of oilve oil.
Get all recipes straight into your inbox!