Pasta with Cilantro Pesto is always yummy but with all the extras of this recipe, the dish becomes not only a gourmet experience but also a healthy quick to make lunch or dinner or both. For this dish I got an “I love you momma” and that means something, let me tell you!
Preparation and cooking took exactly 20 minutes (tip: turn on your stove on hot, wash some dishes turning on the hot water tap only and once the water is very hot, fill your pot and put on the hot stove. That will shorten the “bring water to the boil”-time tremendously without waisting water or energy AND you will have less dishes to wash in the evening). Your Cilantro Pesto must have been made ahead though. If it wasn’t, don’t worry, it only takes 10 minutes to make and creates those lovely dishes you need for scrubbing while waiting for your stove to be hot and the water to be hot to fill the pot.
This is a delicious and nutritious take-to-work (or school) lunch because it even tastes good when reheated.
P for Pasta with Pesto
- 500 g spinach pasta
- 1 cup homemade cilantro pesto
- 150 g mushrooms
- 200 g leftover cooked chicken
- In a large pot bring 4 liters of water to the boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, wash and slice the mushrooms and if used, shred or slice you leftover chicken.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan over medium heat and once hot add mushrooms. Fry until tender.
- Once water is boiling cook your pasta as instructed on the package.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and put back into big pot, add pesto, mushrooms and shredded chicken and enjoy!
Get all recipes straight into your inbox!