My whole life I have tried to avoid eating more than a spoon full of fennel when offered until I finally invented my Cod on Creamy Fennel. This recipe is for non fennel lovers like I used to be one. I got some fennel in my CSA box one day and it was sort of dying in my fridge and looking at me with sad leaves to be cooked and eaten whenever I opened the fridge door. I told the fennel: “Ok, last chance buddy. We will try and make you yummy”. I am oh so proud of this recipe for it made me not only bear fennel but rather converted me into a fennel lover. I have eaten fennel this way a couple of times and my taste buds seem to have finally adjusted to: fennel is yummy!
This, as most of my recipes, is a quick and easy one because seriously, who wants to spend hours in the kitchen preparing something he or she thinks will definitely not like anyway? This recipe WILL be worth the 30 minutes. Apart from that it is THE best recipe to serve when you cook for your romantic date because it is a carminative and combats flatulence. Important thing to consider for a date, right? Let me convert you into a fennel lover *seller’s smile*
Cod on Creamy Fennel
- 4 bulbs fennel
- 2 large cod filets
- 100 ml 35% cream
- 100 ml creme fraiche
- 150 g parmesan cheese
- Per-heat oven to 400 F.
- Remove dill-like leaves, wash and cut fennel into 1 square centimeter pieces.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and once hot fry your fennel for about 5 minutes.
- Place Fennel in a ovenproof dish, salt and pepper to taste, and place fish on top.
- In a bowl whisk together cream and creme fraiche until well combined.
- Pour evenly over fish and fennel.
- Grate parmesan cheese and sprinkle over fish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Get all recipes straight into your inbox!