There is nothing better than to have a breakfast loaded with iron if you have a busy day ahead of you. My Chard Egg Tacos are leaded with iron and iron is THE most important mineral when you need to be productive/in a good mood!
I love to start my day with a breakfast that will give me tons of energy. I certainly need it, just as probably 99% of the rest of the population. Our days are so busy and packed with duties, it is hard to keep up with everything when feeling tired due to poor nutrition. If there is only one meal you can prepare at home, choose breakfast. Take your time to prepare it and take your time to sit down and eat it. You will feel the difference. You will be a lot more productive and end up checking more things than you expected from your to-do-list. Promise!
Sometimes I like it sweet and others I like it hearty like my Chard Egg Tacos. They are quick and easy to prepare and keep you satisfied until lunch without midmorning snack.
Chard Egg Tacos
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chard
- tomato slices
- 2 white or blue corn tortillas
- Wash, dry and slice your chard.
- Whisk your eggs with salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot add chard and fry until soft.
- Add eggs and fry until done.
- Remove from pan and place 2 tortillas in pan to heat a little and make soft enough to fold.
- Divide chard/egg mixture in two and place into or onto tortillas.
- Serve with tomato slices and favorite salsa.
Here is How to Store Your Greens in order to have everything prepared to cook your breakfast as fast as possible and spend more time sitting down and enjoying it.
Get all recipes straight into your inbox!